[Lynx-dev] Re: ncurses and *-utf-8, but not japanese here

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: ncurses and *-utf-8, but not japanese here
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:05:51 +0000 (UTC)

Atsuhito KOHDA dixit:

>Is your lynx compiled with ncursesw (not ncurses!)?

No, it's ncurses.
address@hidden:/home/tg $ fgrep NCURSES_VERSION /usr/include/ncurses.h
#define NCURSES_VERSION_MAJOR 5
#define NCURSES_VERSION_MINOR 2
#define NCURSES_VERSION_PATCH 20010224

>I'm not sure but I suspect lynx can not convert SJIS (nor
>EUC-JP nor JIS) to UTF-8 so lynx can't render Okayama U.
>correctly in uxterm yet.

I've heard it works with a special configure time option
which requires libiconv. Not being able to test that, though.

(Well, I could do _tests_ with that, but I couldn't distribute
 it with my operating system because libiconv is to be installed
 as a third-party application.)

bye,
//mirabile