Re: [Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:00:55 +0900

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 05:32:49PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > For example, go to http://jp.fujitsu.com/ and navigate to the 17th
> > link.  In 2.8.6dev.7 there is one extra highlighted space added to
> > the right side of the link (below V):  V
> >      [17]THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE
>
> On my terminal, the cursor occupies the space after "INFINITE" (testing
> with slang).  You may be seeing the cursor - some programs rely upon this

Yes, now that you mention it, I can see that I misinterpreted what was
happening.  Still, the question is, why do I see the cursor only with
2.8.6dev.7 and not with 2.8.5rel.1.  If it is the display option about
showing the cursor, both indicate is as being OFF in the O)ptions Menu:
  カーソル表示                     : [OFF]

If I set the Cursor display to ON in either 2.8.6dev.7 or 2.8.5rel.1, then
the cursor is in front of the link (left side) on top of the "]", not after
the link (right side).  Setting the Cursor display to ON corrects the
spurious cursor after the link with 2.8.6dev.7.
      V                                 (cursor under the "V")
   [17]THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999