Re: [Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 06:15:32 -0500

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 12:00:55PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 05:32:49PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > > For example, go to http://jp.fujitsu.com/ and navigate to the 17th
> > > link.  In 2.8.6dev.7 there is one extra highlighted space added to
> > > the right side of the link (below V):  V
> > >      [17]THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE
> >
> > On my terminal, the cursor occupies the space after "INFINITE" (testing
> > with slang).  You may be seeing the cursor - some programs rely upon this
>
> Yes, now that you mention it, I can see that I misinterpreted what was
> happening.  Still, the question is, why do I see the cursor only with
> 2.8.6dev.7 and not with 2.8.5rel.1.  If it is the display option about

I don't know - I'll have to make some executables (for slang) to compare.
There were several places where I made small changes to disentangle the
scrollbar and right-margin values as well as for the ncursesw changes,
so it's possible that I introduced some off-by-one changes(*).

(*) an off-by-one change on the left, after only ASCII characters, is more
    puzzling than on the right...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net