Re: [Lynx-dev] History Alert

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] History Alert
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:33:48 -0500

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 01:23:16PM -0000, Richard Eyre wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using lynx 2.8.5 on Solaris 9.  (SunOS uranus 5.9 Generic_117171-05
> sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4)
>

> I have a problem where lynx fails with a "Maximum History Alert" after what
> I believe to be 1023 page requests.

Perhaps this message?
        History List maximum reached!  Document not pushed.

I don't see any "Maximum History" text in the source.

However, it's likely you're looking at this one.  It's compiled-in,
and corresponds to the MAXHIST value in userdefs.h

I don't recall anyone bumping into that limit before (offhand, reading
the code, I don't know why we need that particular limit).