Re: [Lynx-dev] Textarea missing

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Textarea missing
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:39:53 -0500

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 10:26:18PM -0800, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
> At least in 2.8.5dev16, the textarea for problem description doesn't show:
>
> http://betawww.prospero.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=talkcityz&nav=troubleReport
>
> (You have to join [free] in order to reach the page.)

It took a while to get to this one (sorry).

The problem is that the page contains incorrect html.  You can make it
"work" by switching to tagsoup mode.  On visiting the page, you may have
seen a message regarding bad html.  The specific problem that prevents
the textarea from showing (though why only one, I'm not sure) is that the
<form> and </form> are outside the body of the page.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net