Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: weird abortions

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: weird abortions
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:32:53 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:03:16PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>> I don't exactly grok, then, why I have never had these problems
>> with 2.6.6dev.7b in the same configuration?
>
>But didn't you just recently start using ProPolice?
>(Were you running 2.8.6dev.7b with ProPolice, that is).

No, I've been using ProPolice since about 15-18 months now.

>The fixes that would prevent you from testing dev.9 to compare with dev.10
>are relatively small (one is 1-line, the other is less than 10).  I'd test
>dev.9 with those fixes (and then be more certain that none of the innocent
>leak-fixes are responsible).
>
>dev.8 also is different from dev.7b (though I don't recall what changed there).

I should try to narrow it down. But it sucks to not have a
reproducible test case.

If you're interested, I can check if the same problem appears
on a dedicated server which I'm running with my OS too (just
a bit older version) and give you a shell account for testing.

>ProPolice may be the only tool that notices the problem (that may be good ;-)

:) The problem is that the author's communication skills are
not too great, especially on English, so the gcc people don't
really want the code in. But let's see, for 4.1 maybe.

bye,
//mirabile