Re: [Lynx-dev] [A]lways [O]ptions

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [A]lways [O]ptions
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:54:08 +0000 (GMT)

> browsers I am not sure it is entirely necessary. Most users will tolerate the
> back and forth of a cookie (if they even know about it) if they see better

Commmercial browsers suppress cookie warnings by default to benefit
commercial web page operators, not to benefit the users.  Although
more privacy then security, it is typical of the unsafe defaulting
of security on Windows.

Cookie warnings are suppressed, because enabling them might make more
users aware that they are being tracked by cookies.

Anything that is security or privacy related should always default to
warn.