Re: [Lynx-dev] problem accessing password-protected sites

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] problem accessing password-protected sites
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:39:36 -0500

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 09:17:06AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:

> Thanks for checking.  Is there some configuration/setting which will affect
> the transfer of username/password?  Maybe I have some "paranoid" setting
> somewhere and am not aware of it.

Not that I'm aware - my first thought was some issue with the network.
But I haven't looked at this area before.  Reading the trace and comparing
with the code, it seems this chunk of trace should correspond in some way
to a trace you can make.  But the closest match I see in lynx's source
suggests that it's using a proxy (which I don't have setup):

HTTP: Sending authorization: Authorization: Basic MDItMS01NTpTZWlCdXRzdQ==
Writing:
GET /jouhou/index.html HTTP/1.0\r
Host: yuba.kcn.ne.jp\r
Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/sgml, */*;q=0.01\r
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, bzip2\r
Authorization: Basic MDItMS01NTpTZWlCdXRzdQ==\r
\r
----------------------------------
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535
HTTP: Read 250
Read 250 bytes of data, 649 bytes/sec.
HTTP: Rx: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
HTTP: Scanned 2 fields from line_buffer
--- Talking HTTP1.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

> Sorry about that.  (Don't have an English page that is limited access.)

no problem (I'm reasonably sure it connected ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net