[Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx as primary browser

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx as primary browser
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:35:09 +0000 (UTC)

David Woolley dixit:

>Note that valid XHTML 1.1 will never work with IE because it is illegal
>to serve it with a text/html media type.

That's not part of the XHTML 1.1 spec, but some other _recommendation_
from the W3C. Besides, their validator lets my pages through just fine.

And, I don't know of any legacy browser which chokes on <br />.
(But then, besides Lynx ;), Links, Links+, w3m, Arachne, Internet
Explorer, Netscape 2+, I don't know much ;)

bye,
//mirabile