Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:39:23 -0500

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 08:42:32AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Heyhey, emacs is an operating system, Lynx just
> a (real slim) browser.

The first time I heard someone say that about emacs, I thought he was
joking.  Then I learned more about emacs, and I realized that what he
said was true.  Make emacs bootable, and you'd have a complete operating
system.  As has been said, it just lacks a decent editor (I haven't tried
viper, but can it really compete with vim?).

To keep this somewhat on topic, I think emacs even has a text based browser
available, doesn't it?  I haven't heard much about it, like I have about
links, elinks, and w3m.  Does anyone know how it compares to those, and
of course, to Lynx?  Is it even still around, and does anyone still use
it?

Chuck