Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???, etc.

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???, etc.
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:54:21 -0800

At 03:21a -0500 02/04/2005, Chuck Martin didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

I don't have a problem with options, anyway.  I just feel that in this
case, that is the wrong way to go about it.  I believe a better way to
do this would be to implement some sort of style sheets into Lynx,
preferably with the ability to assign separate style sheets to individual
domains or even specific URLs, so that you could create a style sheet
custom tailored for a site after visiting it to determine what format
was best for that site, and a default style sheet to be used for all
sites that didn't have custom style sheets.

Oh that would be wonderful. I've never understood why Lynx doesn't support style sheets. Obviously it can't support all of CSS, but then neither do any GUI browsers -- it's always some subset of features. I could rattle off a list of CSS selectors that Lynx would be able to handle, but of course so could anyone else. First thing it should support is display:none so we don't have to see those stupid "Get a browser that supports Web standards" messages....

As I said above, I think this would be better served by the addition
of some sort of style sheet capability.  Does everyone else who
wants to remove those three spaces want exactly what you described
above?  I doubt it.

I want everything flush left, with a blank line after a header. :)

-boo