Re: [Lynx-dev] emulating tabs in Lynx

From: purslow
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] emulating tabs in Lynx
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 07:18:55 -0500

050205 Chuck Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 03:28:46AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
>> the problem is that Lynx follows links sequentially,
>> whereas Firefox etc do it simultaneously,
>> so that if one of the links you want to grab is a bit slow,
>> the others are not delayed nor is your general reading rhythm.
> If you use screen in the way that I described in my previous response
> in the other thread, they will be downloaded simultaneously
> by the separate Lynx sessions in each screen window.
> Do you still think Lynx needs this capability?

yes, i appreciate your detailed reply & will store it in my archives,
but it's far too complicated to expect an ordinary user to employ.
also, i would have to install Screen on my system, adding to bloat there.
and can you in fact have  > 1  instance of Screen running simultaneously ?

i suspect that what i propose for Lynx would be feasible & not difficult,
so i still advocate it, if anyone has the time & interest to do the coding.