Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:26:38 -0500 (EST)

> > another vital use for Lynx, which i didn't mention before,
> > is to view HTML attachments in e-mails with Mutt.
>
> I do this, too, and Lynx has the added benefit over most other browsers
> and mail programs that handle HTML internally that web bugs don't work.

> If a page is cluttered and ugly in a graphic browser, it will most
> certainly be cluttered and ugly in Lynx.

To my mind the heart of lynx ubiquity isn't found in security and design; they
are not unimportant, but are peripheral to this discussion, because a page is a
page, and lynx gives the best real view of its meaningful linguistic events,
which will be present (with distractors) in any browser. This is really why it
is the most appropriate tool in the many mentioned cases.

The /^   // request seems like an enhancement in this context.

Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html