[Lynx-dev] Including a table cell delimiter in -dump output

From: Paul Webster
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Including a table cell delimiter in -dump output
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:35:46 -0000

(first time poster)

I use Lynx to scrape some web pages and then I process the output and
reformat it.
I use -dump - so that I did not have to write code to parse the HTML.

A couple of sites pose a problem though because I can't find the delimiter
between cells in a table.
I would like to have a configurable table cell delimiter - rather than just
a space.

I am willing to have a go at doing this myself - but have not previously
work on the lynx source (Windows binary user - but have coded in obscure
languages long ago and I expect I could pick my way though it).

I suspect that I would have to edit GridText.c but a quick pointer from
anyone would help.
(obviously I would have to do all of the stuff to do with adding a new
option in lynx.cfg - which looks a lot easier to work out)

Paul