Re: [Lynx-dev] cygwin compile error

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] cygwin compile error
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:44:43 -0500

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 02:38:48PM -0500, Stef Caunter wrote:
> I'm new to cygwin, just did a complete install - this is an error when I try
> to bring its lynx from 2.8.4 (!) to either 2.8.5rel1 or 2.8.6dev11.
> Do I have to upgrade gcc or other tools/headers/libraries?

no - the problem is that Cygwin's package for ncurses is mildy broken.
It installs the ncurses headers in /usr/include/ncurses and adds a symbolic
link for the curses.h file from /usr/include.  But for whatever reason
(no good ones come to mind, other than that the packager doesn't understand
the difference between term.h and termcap.h), it omits a link for term.h

Adding that link should make things work (for other programs, too ;-)

Perhaps if you complain to the package maintainer, it might get fixed.
I got no response.