Re: [Lynx-dev] Including a table cell delimiter in -dump output

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Including a table cell delimiter in -dump output
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:49:03 +0900

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 05:35:46PM -0000, Paul Webster wrote:
> I use Lynx to scrape some web pages and then I process the output and
> reformat it.
> I use -dump - so that I did not have to write code to parse the HTML.
>
> A couple of sites pose a problem though because I can't find the delimiter
> between cells in a table.
> I would like to have a configurable table cell delimiter - rather than just
> a space.
>
> I am willing to have a go at doing this myself - but have not previously
> work on the lynx source (Windows binary user - but have coded in obscure
> languages long ago and I expect I could pick my way though it).

That would be great!  HOWEVER, if you're just going to use this feature
with -dump, versus in an interactive Lynx session, "w3m" already does a
pretty good job, particularly with drawing tables.

(BTW, Lynx is written in c -- no connection to the Lynx distributed
programming language.)

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999