[Lynx-dev] handling long lines in forms

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: [Lynx-dev] handling long lines in forms
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 03:16:45 -0500 (EST)

I was wondering if anyone had ever noticed this problem.

I use a wiki a lot.  I have noticed that if I go to edit one of
the wiki pages , and the page contains lines longer than 1024,
lynx asks me if I want to wrap the lines.  However, even if
I say "no, I don't" lynx goes ahead and breaks those lines into 1024
or less character lines.

Anyone know why lynx does this?  I mean, it doesn't seem
to be a problem for lynx to read lines longer than that
and to put them into the form.  It just seems like
it would be at least useful to have a configuration option
of some sort that says "don't wrap longer lines
unless I ask you to".
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden > <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/

Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should
-><-