Re: [Lynx-dev] configuring lynx with ssl

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] configuring lynx with ssl
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:17:01 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Joel Salomon wrote:

Different errors with different invocations:

./configure --with-ssl=/usr/lib
checking for openssl include directory... no
checking if we can link to ssl library... no
configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library

But what does config.log show in this case?

If it's not a (silent) logic error in the configure script, there would
be some sort of error message telling what options it tried to use for
linking, and why it didn't work.

If no option value is given, it looks only in /usr/local/ssl (which I see
is not mentioned in INSTALLATION).

Thanks.  Searching the archives turned up that tidbit.  Unfortunately,
the Linux install here in school doesn't have that directory... :-(

That's a file, e.g.,

        ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.5/lynx2-8-5/INSTALLATION

Anyone with other ideas?

--Joel