Re: [Lynx-dev] configuring lynx with ssl

From: Joel Salomon
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] configuring lynx with ssl
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:09:48 -0500

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:54:59 -0500 (EST), Stef Caunter
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Please try
>
> bin/lynx -trace https://www.paypal.com
>
> the 'Lynx.trace' file you will get as a result will indicate any point of
> failure for the connection.

I recompiled using 2.8.5, and it works with ssl.  If I get the chance
to try 2.8.6 I will, but this won't happen for a while.

> Are you using bin/lynx or just lynx? Your system lynx is in your PATH, your
> new
> lynx is not likely to be in your PATH. The -version output is okay.

I used --prefix=/home/me . I tried to put /home/me/bin into my path,
but bash was giving me a hard time about it, so I used bin/lynx for
the examples.

Thanks for the help,
--Joel