Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx behaviour in VT320 terminals

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx behaviour in VT320 terminals
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:05:06 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Thomas Dickey dixit:

So I'm curious what the actual configuration is.

I've got a vt420 right next to me and access to a vt320;
the former is attached to a Sun SPARCstation 20 running MirOS #7ter,
the latter to a DECstation 5000/260 running NetBSD 1.6.1/pmax.

I can test anything you guys want.

Well, as far as I know, the vt320 numeric keypad with a DEC keyboard
would behave just as the vt220, vt100 numeric keypads do: transmit the
character shown on the keys in normal mode, and an escape sequence in
application mode.  I've seen some comments about different behavior
for some later models which had a PC keyboard attached (mainly dealing
with the ability to construct escape sequences that have parameters
denoting the shift, control, alt modifiers).  But I don't recall seeing
any comments about a change to the numeric keypad.

The keyboard tests in vttest ( http://invisible-island.net/vttest/ )
check for the vt100-style normal/application modes (and exercise the
same escape sequences that I noted before).  If someone has a vt320
with a PC-keyboard (or DEC keyboard ;-) that transmits different escapes,
that would be interesting to know.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net