Re: [Lynx-dev] Screen positioning

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Screen positioning
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:41:02 -0500

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:07:11PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> More bugs regarding screen positioning:
>
> When I go to a "normal" page, scroll some pages down,
> follow a link, then go back, I'm exactly where I have
> been previously.
>
> When I go to an anchored link on a page, such as
>  http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html#20050327_1403
> then follow a link (e.g.
>        Portability  is  more than "supporting legacy architectures", as
> [17]can be known. It's about making
> ) then read that and go back, I'm at the top of the
> anchor, unexpectedly.

I see the problem here (similar to the source-toggle).  My change for
2.8.6dev.10 (and previous):

* repair fix for Debian #171312 by ensuring that it is only invoked if a URL
  fragment was found in the getfile() call (report by PG) -TD

is ignoring the line-number and going back to the link.  That's simpler to
fix than the source-toggle, since I "only" have to determine how much the
screen has scrolled since displaying the fragment.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net