Re: [Lynx-dev] More problems with end of line

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] More problems with end of line
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:11:52 -0400

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 07:36:46AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> go to http://mira.66h.42h.de/bookmark.htm,
> switch ('\') to source view, do a search ('/')
> for the word "nerode" (without the quote marks).
>
> It looks like this in screen-within-PuTTY:

I don't know why it would be different, but in screen-within-xterm, it
doesn't appear incorrect.  Here's a cut/paste:
                                                             source (p30 of 33)
<LI><A HREF="http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html";>GNU Most Unfree D
+ocumentation License</A> &ndash; don't use!</LI>
<LI><A HREF="http://www.crazyboy.com/hydan/";>Hydan: Information Hiding in Progra
+m Binaries</A></LI>
<LI><A HREF="http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opensources/book/toc.html";>Open Sour
+ces: Voices from the Open Source Revolution</A> (das Buch, online lesen)</LI>
<LI>GCC <A HREF="ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/LATEST-3.4/index.html";>3.4-
+stable Snapshots</A> and <A HREF="http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc
+/">CVSweb</A></LI>

> <<<+++     Meine Homepage (alter Stil) - Thorsten "mirabile" Glaser (p54 of
> 58)
> die
>
> + EBO und Stadtbahnbetrieb (als K&ouml;lner oder Bonner
> Stra&szlig;en-/U-Bahn) d
>                                       nerode nerode
> +ocumentation License</a> &ndash; don't use!</li>
> <li><a href="http://www.crazyboy.com/hydan/";>Hydan: Information Hiding in
> Progra

>From what I understand, PuTTY's wrapping behavior (at the right margin) is
not really compatible with vt100 (xterm included).  Seeing the nerode on
a following blank line suggests that you're having problems with the
screen update after a wrap sent the cursor to the following line rather
than hung on the right margin.