Re: [Lynx-dev] More problems with end of line

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] More problems with end of line
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:47:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Thomas Dickey dixit:

I don't know why it would be different, but in screen-within-xterm, it
doesn't appear incorrect.

Right, can't reproduce it.

From what I understand, PuTTY's wrapping behavior (at the right margin) is
not really compatible with vt100 (xterm included).

So it's either that or screen (which has a wrap option too), but
I guess it's PuTTY then. Weird.

ncurses' terminfo for "putty" uses a different setting for 'bw'.  Some
applications won't exercise that margin much, but ncurses does use the
information.  If you change to use that terminfo, that more than likely
will fix the problem.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net