[Lynx-dev] passwords & cookies

From: Philip Webb
Subject: [Lynx-dev] passwords & cookies
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:03:50 -0400

one of my daily reads is the Toronto Star,
which introduced a free login system last year.
when i read it with Firefox, having long ago entered my username & password
& allowed its cookies, it comes up w/o hindrance every time.
when i go to use Lynx to grab an article to e-mail to someone,
having restarted Lynx at the beginning of my day's Linux session,
i have to re-enter my username & password & reply 'a' to  3  cookies.
i have 'persistent cookies' set in my Lynx config file.

am i missing something or doesn't Lynx do what Firefox does ?