Re: [Lynx-dev] passwords & cookies

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] passwords & cookies
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:47:18 -0400 (EDT)

(more belated replies - Philip, I will try to send something for LHFB; I think
Options has changed over the years as well)

my relevant lynx.cfg settings:

FORCE_SSL_COOKIES_SECURE:FALSE
SET_COOKIES:TRUE
ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:TRUE
PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE
COOKIE_FILE:/crypt/secret/lynx/.lynx_cookies
COOKIE_SAVE_FILE:/crypt/secret/lynx/.lynx_cookies
COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS:sports.espn.go.com,espn.go.com,.go.com,passport.net,login.passport.net,lc1.bay0.hotmail.passport.com,ld.cb.msn.com,loginnet.passport.com:443,

Do you have a save file, and is it flushed out to disk when you exit lynx?
Check with lynx -trace URL and see if the disk write happens down at the bottom.
I am not sure if you get cookies to really persist unless this happens.
The FORCE_SSL_COOKIES_SECURE isn't in play here - I use it for ebay, or it
won't remember me (their login is secure but everything else isn't, like a lot
of big sites). The COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS is for the botched cookies from
these sites. I read espn a lot, although their dynamic stuff is increasingly
client script triggered; I tried to work around the hotmail shut out of lynx a
few years ago but gave up...