Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:44:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Larry W. Virden wrote:

lynx forces a line break in really long lines, I
was told that was because lynx has display buffers
that are 1024 and lines longer than that are split.

Has anyone experimented with moving to a dynamically
allocated buffer mechanism, at least for display
buffers, so that lines could be as long as they need
to be?

no - I've thought about it, but (since the limit is used in a variety of
ways) is not simple to change.

A second question; has anyone experimented with
using lynx form input elements to see whether it
is 8 bit, Unicode clean?  That is, if someone

Input isn't Unicode clean. It's probably 8-bit clean, but that's different.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net