Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 17:30:19 +0900

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 05:21:34AM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> A second question; has anyone experimented with
> using lynx form input elements to see whether it
> is 8 bit, Unicode clean?  That is, if someone

Not exactly sure if this is an answer, but Lynx passes Japanese in
form input elements to my cgi scripts okay.

> I use a web site (http://wiki.tcl.tk/) which frequently has various unicode
> characters (the pages have a lot of code) and there
> are times when the unicode is getting corrupted.  I

Just my $0.02, but as a Windows98/XP terminal emulator user, the main
problem is that, to my knowledge, there is no fixed-width unicode font
available.  The best I can do is the Japanese MS Gothic, which gives
me English, Japanese and some Cyrillic and Greek.  Thus, even if I have
Lynx display the raw UTF8, the terminal emulator has no way to present it.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999