Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx under OSX 10.4 (Tiger) fails 'make' @ "h_addr" ; OK

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx under OSX 10.4 (Tiger) fails 'make' @ "h_addr" ; OK under 10.3.X
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 18:18:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 May 2005, OpenMacNews wrote:

If I had the system to experiment with, I'd see what other differences
in lynx came about from suppressing that.  (I suspect that wide-character
ncurses won't configure/build without it, and since most of my attention
is in that area, Darwin's taken a big step backward).

If there's only a few places to prop it up, we can make special cases for
Darwin.

please let me know if/how i can help ... i'm a lynx user, and FAR from being of any real dev use here at this stage, but happy to do what i can.

Well certainly you can be useful (by providing information).  Most of
this process simply involves obtaining information - often takes more
time to do that than make changes. (Not always of course). For instance the changes I'm making for lynx (stalled for the moment to work on xterm)
will be only a few lines - but finding them takes many hours.

Anyway - what would be useful would be to know if there are other
header problems with the _POSIX_C_SOURCE defined as in the 2.8.6dev.11
code.   Your platform might be able to compile the IPV6 support - but
the headers might not work.  Same with compiling against wide-character
ncurses (though most of the impact there would likely be in building
ncursesw).

For lynx, if you add --enable-ipv6, does that build?

For ncurses it's more complicated - you'd have to apply the rollup patch
and see if
        configure --enable-widec
configures and builds.

--