Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.12 -- CRASH on OSX 10.4.1

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.12 -- CRASH on OSX 10.4.1
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:00:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, OpenMacNews wrote:

yup! that takes care of the CRASH/dump.

good - I'll pick through that logic and think of some ways it could fail
(and plug those).

however, at first launch, i still get the dots-n-lines blinkig on a blue screen ...

good news is that it goes away after linking to a site -- i.e., back to my shell defaults.

odd - it sounds something like a problem with the background coloring
that I used to fixup the color style code.  A sign-extension problem
could do that, e.g., by making some cells appear to have video attributes
set that they shouldn't have.

The only visual glitches I've seen have been the less obvious ones (that
I'm still working on - dev.12 fixes some but not all).  For example,
using ncurses 5.2 (FreeBSD), there's a case where link highlights are
written one cell to the right.  It works fine with ncurses 5.4.  Testing
on FreeBSD I found a couple of ncurses bugs (since 5.4) that'll be in
tomorrow's fixes.  But no blinking...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net