[Lynx-dev] Re: reproducible crash

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: reproducible crash
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:58:28 +0000 (UTC)

Thorsten Glaser dixit:

>Hi all,
>
>I get a reproducible crash on dev.11i with the attached file,
>retrieved from http://www.whatthehack.org/news/index_html and
>renamed to "index.html" (also, when lynx'ing the URI directly
>instead):

I still get the crash on dev.13, configured with the following

  --libdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --with-ssl=/usr --with-zlib
  --enable-addrlist-page --enable-charset-choice --enable-color-style
  --enable-default-colors --disable-full-paths --enable-warnings
  --enable-justify-elts --enable-internal-links --enable-kbd-layout
  --enable-ipv6 --enable-nested-tables --disable-nls --enable-nsl-fork
  --with-screen=ncurses --disable-scrollbar --enable-cjk --enable-underlines
  --enable-vertrace --without-bzlib --build=i386-ecce-mirbsd8
  --host=i386-ecce-mirbsd8

>From a freshly unpacked tarball, with configure called with nothing
except CC=mgcc in the environment (there is no cc/gcc executable)
from pristine source, it does NOT crash.

However, when compiling HTML.c with our standard CFLAGS, it does,
so I suspect it's a gcc bug.

Any ideas?

bye,
//mirabile

PS: These are -O2 -pipe -Werror -Os -fno-strict-aliasing
    -fno-strength-reduce -Wformat -fno-unit-at-a-time -fno-align-functions
    -fno-align-labels -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -march=i486
    -mpush-args -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt