Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:34:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 address@hidden wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2005 I wrote:
# I wrote details before.
# http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2004-02/msg00201.html

Sorry; I had forgotten.  What is the status of your iconv patch that
you mention in that message?

This patch has been already merged into Lynx's code since 2.8.6dev.4
(--enable-japanese-utf8).  But this makes it possible only to convert
utf-8 strings to euc-jp or Shift_JIS.  Reverse conversion isn't
implemented yet because I thought it was needed seriously.

I wrote an additional patch concerned with this.

http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/lynx.patch_for_286dev13

thanks (I have a copy of it now).

--
Thomas E. Dickey