Re: [Lynx-dev] Startfile page not available

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Startfile page not available
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:44:16 -0400 (EDT)

Best to use a local file.

There is a compile option for this (put it into userdefs.h).

If you can add an argument to lynx, say lynx . or lynx ./file to avoid startup failure.

Stef

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Small, Gene wrote:

I know the Lynx documentation says that Lynx will refuse to start if the
specified startfile is not available. But, is there a easy way to override or
control/change this behavior? In my case I am running Lynx in an embedded
environment and it is occasionally the case that the server is not accessible.
After Lynx has started this does not seem to be a problem - I think it gives an
error in the status line and the last page is re-displayed. But, at startup
Lynx just exits if it can't find the page and since Lynx is running as a system
process it is rather hard to recover for this.

Thanks in advance,
Gene Small