[Lynx-dev] Transferring lynx

From: Allison Roth
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Transferring lynx
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:11:31 -0600

Hi all;

I have a fairly irritating issue.  I want a copy of lynx (with SSL) on a server
I have some pages hosted on.  While I have SSH access, it's through jailshell
(i.e. very limited capabilities).  I uploaded a binary that I found at
http://www.subir.com/lynx/bin/, which works fine for http accesses.  However,
for https it says the client does not support this.  The version is 2.8.1, and
I can't seem to find anything newer in binary form (note: the OS is Fedora
Core).

I tried, just in case it might possibly work, uploading the lynx executable
from another Linux system I have where everything works properly, but I get
this: "./lynx: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

I know there were some issues earlier with RSA library patents and not being
able to distribute this, but it's my understanding that the patent in question
ran out.  Anyone know the current status on this, and/or the best way through
my little issue?

Thanks!!

-Allison