Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems With A User/Password Login Submit

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems With A User/Password Login Submit
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, John Red-Horse wrote:

Thomas Dickey wrote:

gnutls is reported to be rather buggy
(I've only tested it lightly, but recall reading bug reports).

[snip]

You can build with OpenSSL on Linux also.  There's no technical reason
for preferring gnutls over OpenSSL.

Thanks very much for this information; I'll see if I can talk the boys
into trying that path first.

you can try - for Linux distributions, politics outweighs technical considerations (OpenSSL's license is said to be incompatible with GPL'd applications).

Of course it's possible that lynx isn't using gnutls properly - but the last I checked, it has no documentation whatsoever, and reading the source
code is no better.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net