Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)

From: Bryan Henderson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:34:49 +0000

>But it's missing a piece needed to make curses (and ncurses) decide that
>it's really color-capable.  See
>
>       http://invisible-island.net/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html#no_color
>
>Specifically, I notice that it's missing one of
>       orig_pair (op)
>       orig_colors (oc)

The referenced description says these aren't necessary for Ncurses 5,
which is what I have.

Indeed, tput and "worm" (demonstration program that comes with Ncurses)
work fine.  Even Lynx is able to display two colors with this eterm
definition that it doesn't with the older no-color one: yellow
foreground and blue background.

Is there a way to trace what characters or ncurses capability strings
are being sent to the screen?  I suspect Lynx is getting the colors
it's asking for, but just asking for the wrong ones.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California