Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)

From: Bryan Henderson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:11:07 +0000

>This chunk seems to fix the problem:

I think you may have fixed something else.  In order to apply the patch,
I downloaded some current source code (2.8.5rel1.1).  I built it first
without the patch, and the color problem I was having does not exist.

But the new Lynx has another problem in an eterm:

When I page down, areas on the left of the screen that are supposed to
be a blank left margin retain their contents from the previous page.
For example, <http://netpbm.sf.net/doc/pnmtojpeg.html>.

This is with both the old black and white eterm definition (from
Ncurses) and the new color one (from Emacs), both Emacs 20 and Emacs
21.  In a 'linux' terminal, it works fine.  It's the same with and
without your patch applied.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California