Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)

From: Bryan Henderson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:49:35 +0000

Looks like we got it.  I removed the "el1" capability from eterm and
everything looks fine.

I'm guessing most of these fancy capabilities are aimed at speeding
up terminals working over slow serial lines, right?  So there's probably
nothing to be gained from a working el1?

I will report this to the emacs group (but I'm not sure anyone is
maintaining Emacs; the last bug report I sent generated no response).

Also, I believe it was a mistake by Emacs developers to use the same
name 'eterm' for the new Emacs Release 21 color terminal as for the
old black and white one.  The emacs strategy is to have an entirely
different terminfo database for "term" mode (one with only the one
terminal type in it), so it doesn't matter.  But still.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California