Re: [Lynx-dev] ICCF test page

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] ICCF test page
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:19:59 -0400

051016 Riku Virtanen wrote:
> I'm a chess player and I should begin to play at the server.
> But the server don't work properly with Lynx.
> The address of server is http://testarea.iccf-webchess.com

I assume it requires graphics.  Using Lynx, I got this far:

  (1) opening page, answer 'Y' to cookie request, follow [2] 'main';
  (6) further down same page:

    "The following browsers have been tested successfully with the server:
    Internet Explorer 5.5 or newer, Netscape 7.1 or newer,
    Firefox 0.8 or newer.  There were problems with Opera.
    Other browsers have not been tested.
    Javascript and Cookies should be turned on".

Membership appears to be free, but you have to join a tournament
in order to get a user-id & password & use the server.
I have no problem accessing the site using Firefox on Gentoo Linux.
Also, using Lynx, I could get to the page for entering a tournament,
which displays text-areas & a 'yes' link for entering,
so it may be simply that no-one has tried doing it with Lynx yet.
Let us know how far you get.

I played in ICCF tournaments by snail-mail in the late 1960s & won one,
before pressure of grad school & learning to play Go got in the way.
It's good to see it's still active & upto-date.