Re: [Lynx-dev] how can I handle javascript:contolField(); by lynx?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how can I handle javascript:contolField(); by lynx?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 07:12:42 +0000 (GMT)

> Question:
> Is it possible to handle javascript:contolField(); by lynx?
> If so, how do I have to do ?

Many people consider the javascript: URL scheme a very bad design decision.
Best current practice is to make the link a link to a fallback page and
use onxxxx event handler parameters to trigger the scripting.

contolField looks to me to be a user defined function, so supporting it
would require Lynx to implement a complete ECMAScript interpreter and
whatever standard and de facto standard object models that the implementation
of the function depends on.  That would be a fundamental re-write, and may be
essentially impossible if the function does something that only makes sense
in a GUI environment.