Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.coachusa.com/rockland/

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.coachusa.com/rockland/
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:59:45 +0000

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 02:21:45AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> 051102 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 address@hidden wrote:
> >> I cannot get any useful information from that website in Lynx
> >> and it is painful in Mozilla.  What have they done?
> > It has lots of javascript and interactive maps.
>
> No problem with Firefox.  With Lynx, I can get the 'origin-destination' page
> & choose an origin state, but the other  3  boxes are unmodifiable,
> so my guess is that there is an error in their HTML somewhere:

It's not an error.  They have JavaScripted the selection boxes so that
changing each one reloads the form and fills in the selections for the
next.  That sort of thing is often a lost cause in Lynx, but this is
one of the cases that would be helped if Lynx had a "submit" button
for forms without submit buttons.

imc