[Lynx-dev] security problem in EXTERNAL on Windows

From: patakuti
Subject: [Lynx-dev] security problem in EXTERNAL on Windows
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 21:29:30 +0900 (JST)

I found a security problem in some versions of lynx, includes
2.8.5rel.1 and 2.8.6dev.15.

There may be some risks when executing external programs against
malicious URL by EXTERNAL mechanism on Windows platform.

I wrote a patch for 2.8.6dev.15 and tested on Windows XP.
I did only on Windows XP but the behavior is different on Win95/98 and
WinNT/2000/XP.  So I'm happy if someone test on above platforms.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden