Re: [Lynx-dev] SSH then running lynx does not work

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SSH then running lynx does not work
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:42:51 -0500

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 04:23:27PM -0500, Eldwin Santana wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Here is the output:
>
> Lynx Version 2.8.5rel.1 (04 Feb 2004)
> Compiled by Borland C++ (Oct 16 2004 15:23:07).

I'm puzzled: that would probably be the PDCurses configuration,
which opens the console window in graphics mode.

It won't run over a serial connection (such as ssh would assume).

That's true of similar systems (something I have to keep in mind
for when I connect to my OS/2 system via telnet).

But two questions:

        a) what sort of ssh server are you talking to?

        b) the servers that I'd know of offhand would have a suitable
           environment for lynx to run in that would support a regular
           (serial connection) curses.  Couldn't you use that?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net