[Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:12:34 -0200 (BRST)

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

thanks. It sounds as if you may find a page that just happens to hit the margin at some place that triggers the problem. So screensize matters.

Now that you mention screensize, I can reproduce it resizing the screen, but resizing back to what 'resize' reported doesn't fix it.

Looking again at your screenshot, I see that xterm's running without an app-defaults file. That makes it fall into one of the holes in its layout because the form widget gets confused about the size of the vt100 window when it's narrower than the toolbar (something I'd like to fix - different bug list).

Yes, it's because I uninstalled the old from /usr/X11R6 and installed the new in /usr/local. I'll fix this. But it also happens in a console and other X terminals.

Note that the actual width probably is less than 80 columns. You can check this by spawning a shell from lynx and typing "resize". It looks like 79 columns here.

Spawning your default shell.  Use 'exit' to return to Lynx.

pervalidus:~$ resize
COLUMNS=80;
LINES=24;
export COLUMNS LINES;

Running from screen it returns 23 lines, from the console 25, and from screen on the console 24. Should it always return 25?

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html