[Lynx-dev] Re: PDCurses problem with MingW lynx

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: PDCurses problem with MingW lynx
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:12:26 -0200 (BRST)

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Doug Kaufman wrote:

While investigating the problem with the display on the option page,
I came across another problem that had been present for a while, but
hidden. In the current cvs version of PDCurses, the general error code
was changed to "-1". It had been "0", up through PDCurses 2.6. With a
MingW build of lynx 2.8.6dev.15a and the new PDCurses code, lynx was
consistently bailing out at the same place. The lynx trace showed that
lynx was receiving a 0xffffffff, then stopping. When I changed the
error code in PDCurses back to "0", lynx seemed to work fine, but a
trace showed that it was now receiving a "0" at the same place in the
code (but this didn't cause lynx to stop). I went back and looked at
my MingW copy of lynx2.8.6dev.11, which had been built with PDCurses
2.6. It also showed the "0" received there. Note that this occurs just
after GridText gets to HText_pageDisplay finished.

For now, the workaround is to change the definintion of ERR in
PDCurses' "curses.h" to "0", but that just hides the problem.

I tried that, but get "Terminal initialisation failed - unknown terminal type?" compiling with pure MinGW + MSYS using

export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fno-strict-aliasing -DALL_STATIC -D_WINDOWS -DSH_EX -DWIN_EX
-DNOUSERS -DNOSIGHUP -DDOSPATH -DUSE_ALT_BLAT_MAILER -DHAVE_CBREAK -DBOXHORI=0
-DBOXVERT=0"
export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -static"
export LIBS="-lwsock32 $SSLLIBS"

--libdir=/usr/local/share/lynx --enable-vertrace --enable-warnings
--disable-full-paths $BSSL --with-screen=curses --enable-addrlist-page
--enable-charset-choice --enable-cjk --enable-color-style
--enable-default-colors--enable-htmlized-cfg --enable-file-upload
--enable-justify-elts --enable-locale-charset --enable-nested-tables
--enable-scrollbar --enable-externs --enable-cgi-links --enable-change-exec
--enable-exec-links --enable-exec-scripts --enable-internal-links
--enable-gzip-help --with-bzlib --with-zlib --disable-dired-override

Compiling with makelynx.bat procudes a working binary, but with some problems, the major being that some text only appear when I move to it, like in the options menu ("en" and others). I guess the problematic status bar, which only shows the first letter, has the same problem.

I also compiled another adding

SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_VERTRACE
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_EXECVP
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DEXP_ADDRLIST_PAGE
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DEXP_CHARSET_CHOICE
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_FILE_UPLOAD
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DEXP_LOCALE_CHARSET
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_SCROLLBAR
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_READPROGRESS
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_SOURCE_CACHE
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DLYNXCGI_LINKS
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DENABLE_OPTS_CHANGE_EXEC
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DEXEC_LINKS
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DEXEC_SCRIPTS
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_GZIP_HELP
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_BZLIB
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DCHAR_BIT=8
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DUSE_COLOR_STYLE
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DEXP_CMD_LOGGING
SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DHAVE_DIRENT_H=1

I made the binaries available if someone wants to take a look or use it (no SSL) -

http://www.pervalidus.net/tmp/

lynx.zip - The one with PDCurses 2.7 using configure.
lynx-makelynx.zip - The one using the original makelynx.bat.
lynx-makelynxmoreopts.zip - The one using the modified makelynx.bat. lynx.txt.gz - The log of the build using configure (this one was with term.h in place, but moving it didn't help).

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html