Re: [Lynx-dev] form action not defined?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] form action not defined?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:52:05 -0500

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 12:14:13PM -0500, Stef Caunter wrote:
> lynx exits with signal 11
>
> 2.8.5rel.1 and 2.8.6dev.11 - linux 2.4.x kernel
> 2.8.6dev.14 - FreeBSD-5.3-RELEASE
>
> http://mail.dice.com/cgi-bin10/DM/y/mYs30KOvou0KXq0BCRo0F8&address@hidden> to
> unsubscribe from their list, but the
>
> >    Please click on the "Confirm Opt Out" button to opt out of Dice
>
> HEAD request on            ^^^^this^^^^^^^  link does it. It is a relative
> URL calling a "servlet" (not that that's relevant) but it doesn't populate
> as a valid hyperlink (as Walter reported) which is strange. I'm guessing
> this is pretty bad html we are seeing.

There was indeed a warning about bad html, but lynx shouldn't die.
However, trying this again (and that link), valgrind doesn't show
me a problem in lynx (it does complain about dlopen, but that's not
my bug).  I tried the color-style, normal and the slang configurations.
The curses ones give some odd repainting, but I don't see a problem
with any of those with valgrind.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net