Re: [Lynx-dev] Configurability

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Configurability
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:43:19 -0500 (EST)

Editing your own .lynxrc allows you to tune to your preferences using all lynx.cfg options.

If you go the [O]ptions form route it overwrites .lynxrc, which is the main reason it does not write to disk by default. This was discussed here last year. Read the autogenerated .lynxrc file LYOPTIONS generates.

The ssl warnings mean you need to install certificates correctly on your system; see http://lynx.isc.org/current/lynx-2-8-6/docs/README.sslcerts
and follow the steps.

lynx -tna is a command line option for TEXTFIELDS, lynx -nopause is probably what you want for the delays... lynx --help|less shows you everything. The cookie accepting requires file storage and persistence ...

In general the lynx browser will speed up very nicely for users who take the time to learn to make the required changes. Since not all users are ready or able or want to run lynx in super fast mode, only some vendors ship a tuned current version of lynx.

-Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html