Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgra

From: OpenMacNews
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgrade on OSX
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:54:57 -0800

hi thomas,

> > % lynx www.cnn.com
> >     internal error while caching 1st tagspec of 0 lexeme

I made a bug-fix in this area a few months ago - don't know why it
would break, but it's likely that I can reproduce it given the
data.  I'll check at home (later today) and see if I can offer
some advice for getting the information to analyze it.

> > after poking around in code and finding that "1st tagspec" is found in
> > src/LYPrettySrc.c, i added:
> >
> >     --disable-prettysrc
> >
> > to configure, and now i'm back in business ... no more fail/error on
use.

hmm - I can see that the message is coming from src/LYPrettySrc.c,
which hasn't changed since a year ago.  I would have suspected one
of last fall's buffer/indexing fixes, but see those are earlier.
This appears to be happening during initialization - you might
get some clue by looking to see what it's processed via

        lynx -verbose -trace

unfortunately, all i get from:

        lynx -verbose -trace

is, again:

        internal error while caching 1st tagspec of 0 lexeme

:-|

fwiw, having had some time now to use lynx with prettysrc disabled --
i've had no problems whatsoever.

cheers,

richard

- --

/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   against HTML email, vCards
/ \  & micro$oft attachments

[GPG] OpenMacNews at gmail dot com
fingerprint: 50C9 1C46 2F8F DE42 2EDB  D460 95F7 DDBD 3671 08C6