Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgra

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgrade on OSX
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:50:15 -0500

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 10:48:11AM -0800, OpenMacNews wrote:

> hi,
>
> > I put a copy of LYPrettySrc.c in ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/
> > which would give that information.
>
> got it, thx.  here's the result w/ 'your' LYPrettySrc.c :
>
> oddly, there's no fail/error on exec'ing:

then I'm confused (assuming you've built dev.17 from source, etc, so
there is no relic of an earlier build to confuse things).  Occasionally
there's some subtle bug that "goes away" just by tracing, e.g,. due
to uninitialized memory, etc.   If you can easily reproduce the bug by
reverting to the version of LYPrettySrc.c from dev.17, then you might be
able to make the bug appear by adding the changes between that and the
copy that I used for testing.  (I do this a lot - it takes time though).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net