Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgra

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgrade on OSX
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:16:24 -0500

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 12:58:38PM -0800, OpenMacNews wrote:
> now, to stare at the differences, and try the manual changes :-/

ok.  There are not a lot of changes.

It could also be related to the compiler optimization (though it's not been
that frequent that I find one of _those_ anymore).  Building with -O or -g
rather than -O2 might change the behavior.

If I had this sort of symptom on Linux, I'd take a quick look with valgrind,
just to see if it could report any problems with references to uninitialized
memory, etc.  I don't know what tools you have available on OS X, though.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net