Re: [Lynx-dev] Line Formatting in Forms

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Line Formatting in Forms
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:54:19 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Martin McCormick wrote:

        Is there anything I can do in lynx to solve the following
problem?

        On many forms, one can type free-formed text on a page that
appears like:

  Announcment:*

  I type something and the _'s
  get replaced with characters.____________________________________

yes - that looks like a textarea

        The best way would be to be able to use VI, for example, and
have it take care of the word wrapping.  I did put

You can edit textarea's using an external editor. That's done by typing control/X and "e". This doesn't apply to form-fields (which are generally the single-line fields).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net